Saturday, July 2, 2011

Who am I?

My name is Marla Gurrola.  I have been married for 12 years to my high school sweetheart.  I have known him since we were in first grade.  Not many can say they were teased in grade school by their husband, but I can.  We started dating 18 years ago and we now have 2 children. A son who is going into 4th grade and a daughter going into first grade.  I'm going to start looking at all the boys in her new class.  Just a few mental notes.  After our children were born I really enjoyed making our family christmas cards.  Every year I would sit down and write out a long letter explaining to distant family members; where we were living? How our jobs were going? And the growth of our children or which child we added for the year.  Pictures were chosen and the traditional process of send out Christmas card started. Traditional, thou it's a comforting word, it scares me as to the creativity of lost during such a wonderful time of the year.  Stepping out of the box is where the best memories come from.  I stepped out of the "Traditional Christmas" card and created a "Family Christmas Brochure."  About 5 years ago, I made our families first christmas brochure.  A small picture showing our family with a quick sentence at the bottom of the picture.  A picture of each child and a quick sentence or two under their picture about their big accomplishment of the year. Completed potty training, played little league for the Angels, or started dance classes.  A picture of any major event in our families life.  These cards pleased me so much.  The thought of stepping out of the box thrilled me.  I have never seen such a creative difference to christmas cards. The first year the brochure went out I received so many compliments.  Many family members wait for our card every year and a few even save them year after year.  This lead me to want to share this new "Tradition."  I was asked many time over, "You should make some money at this."  "I want one for our family too."  That is the birth of Jillie Bug Creations.  Jillie Bug Creations is about family.  Creating a family moment in a party or announcement of a new baby, new couple, a special couple that has created their own family for many years.  Jillie Bug Creations has family written (created) all over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment