Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Trends

Skulls and Cross Bones, Pirates, Tattoos, Flip-Flops, and Justin Bieber are all trends.  Well, Justin Bieber is the biggest trend in this house.  Trends are the name of the game.  This I know and this I need to concentrate more of my attention on.  I'm unclear what makes a skull and cross bone a trend that ends up on t-shirts, shoes, backpacks, or bed sheets, but I like the prospect of what it can do for Jillie Bug Creations.  The addiction of tattoos make life dangerous.  For a 14 year old, it's not the right time, but the flourishing swirls and simplicity of a sparrow.  That is trendy.  I find this the biggest challenge of making cards.  Keeping up with the world around me.  Trends dictate the definition of a teenager.  The advancement of trends define the masses and my job is to please the masses, not myself.  I realize I need to create a card that makes me proud, but I also know, I need to create a card with the color orange and with the likeness of blood on it.  Not that those are my first choices, but that's the freedoms we just celebrated yesterday.  So if I need to make a skull and cross bones card for a baby announcement, then give me the challenge.  I'm up for this challenge and I'll do it to best of my abilities.  So for here on out, I'll be looking for trends in fashion, MTV, movies and pop-culture. This may be easier then I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment